Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This vegetarian version of chicken salad is always a hit and it's so easy to make! These are super tasty in a wrap topped with roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato and avocado. You can also serve as mini-wraps (as pictured) for a party, see my note below.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (I like Earth Balance the best)
- salt and pepper
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and thoroughly mix. Serve in sandwiches or on salads.
Delicious! With the honey mustard,this was so yummy! I used more red onion than called for. I ate as a salad, but may make a wrap with the leftovers.Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef,spring 2014.
This turned out so fantastic! I have been vegetarian long enough to forget how real chicken salad tastes, so I cant compare, but this is really, really yummy! It is chunky, crunchy, satisfying and tastes great. The chickpeas (or in my case a green variety of great northern beans) dominate and then there is mustard and onion, yum!
Since I really dont like celery, I used some yellow bell pepper instead and that was nice.
I used regular mustard, but honey mustard would surely have been very yummy, too.
Ill certainly make this again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, thesinglebite!
Made and reviewed for one of my PAC babies Spring 2012.