Recipe by goldenbkll
I thought of this after having some left over hot dog buns that I did not want to throw away. Once fixed, pairs well with spaghetti, lasagna, or you can even melt cheese on top and make your own cheese bread. I call it "faux" because the shape of the buns look like bread sticks, and cheaper than buying them in the store. Plus you can make them out of wheat buns. I used 4 buns with this recipe. Made 8 bread sticks. You can make more garlic butter depending on how many bread sticks you need.
- 13 ounces white hot dog buns, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, depends on how many you make
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Separate hot dog buns.
- Place pieces on a baking sheet.
- Take butter, and stir in the garlic powder.
- Spread garlic butter on each piece of bun.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on each piece of bun.
- Broil in oven until golden and a little crispy.