Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Super easy fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs
- 1 baby back rib rack
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Kraft BBQ for chicken and ribs)
- 2 sheets aluminum foil
- Heat oven to 225°F.
- Lay back ribs on sheet of tin foil.
- Brush with half the BBQ sauce.
- Take a 2nd sheet of tin foil place over the ribs and seal the ribs.
- Put into oven (I usually place on a cookie sheet in case of leakage).
- Bake for 3 1/2 - 4 hours - take out of oven, Cut open the top of the tin foil package -- brush on more BBQ sauce.
- Place under the broiler for 5 minutes or so.
I purchased a rack of baby back ribs, cut it into fourths, brushed them with BBQ sauce, wrapped them tightly in aluminum foil and then stacked them ino my 6-quart crock pot. I cooked them on high for about 4 hours. When I came home, the house smelled wonderful. I took the ribs out of the crock pot and put them on the grill for about 5 minutes (brushing them liberally with BBQ sauce). The ribs were falling-off-the-bone tender. I think the slow cooking and the steam from the tightly sealed aluminum foil makes these ribs tender and moist. Now I don't have to wait for a day off to have BBQ ribs, I can just put them in the crock pot on low for 8 hours and come home to mouthwatering ribs. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, Simpel53. Made for Spring, 2009 PAC.