Recipe by Cookiegirlandi
This is a BBQ delight! Great for standing around the backyard at the summer BBQ picnic. There are no rules-except please use a smoker! Stuff with whatever your imagination comes up with-fruit-veggies-cheeses-more meat.....
- 2 lbs bulk sausage (maple is awesome)
- 1 cup chopped granny smith apple
- 1 -2 cup shredded swiss cheese (can used sliced cheese)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon bbq dry rub seasonings
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten out your sausage into a rectangle onto a piece of aluminum foil.
- Like a jelly roll, add fillings to your desire. In this case-chopped apple, swiss cheese, and brown sugar. I add a sprinkle cayenne-but that's just me :).
- roll up jelly roll style.
- wrap bacon slices around the roll.
- rub with your favorite bbq rub.
- smoke in smoker @ 225 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours=until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before slicing!
- ENJOY! THIS IS OUR FAVORITE!
- Try- cheddar and jalepeno filling --
- add chorizo sausage layer inside --
- ham and pineapple --
- sun dried tomato, mozzerella --
- greek olive and feta -- .