A little twist on your dinner salad - the lettuce is gone - toasted bread took it's place. Posted for ZWT 2006 Asia & Africa Regions as the ingredients are typical of both SW Asia & North Africa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven 400ºF
- 2Cut the bread into small (1 inch) pieces, place on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, cucumber, spring onions, garlic, parsley and mint.
- 4Toss with the lemon juice and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Now add the toasted bread and mix well.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush ( Toasted Pita Bread Salad )
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 911.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g