Another great recipe I got from watching Rachael Ray's new tv show! This salad is so so yummy and goes great with the Mediterranean Burgers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 pita breads (torn into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber (seedless or with seeds)
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 4 celery ribs
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lb feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives or 1/2 cup manzanilla olives
- 6 pepperoncini peppers (light green peppers)
- 2 lemons, juice of (just need the juice)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Arrange torn up pieces of pita bread on baking pan and toast for 5 minutes.
- 3While pitas toast, cut up cucumber, bell pepper, celery, red onion, tomatoes, olives,and hot peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Through all veggies into a big bowl and add garlic, parsley, and feta cheese to the pile.
- 5Squeeze the lemons to spread juice over entire bowl.
- 6Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil onto salad.
- 7Toss the salad in bowl to coat everything!
- 8Add the toasted pita pieces to the salad and toss everything again!
- 9Suggest pairing with the Mediterranean burgers for a healthy dinner!
- 10Note: Add other veggies as you like to find the best combo for your taste buds!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush Salad
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 2349.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 15.4 g