This salad can get soggy about 45 minutes after its made, so make it right before you plan to eat. Recipe from King Arthur Flour baking circle. I just use store-bought pita bread, but make your own if you have a good recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium pita breads
- 1 -1 1/2 lb tomato
- 3 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled,seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped (including about half of the green part)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried mint or 4 -6 tablespoons fresh mint, snipped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Split the pita breads into rounds and cut each round into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- 3Place the bread on a baking sheet, and spray it with garlic-flavored olive oil spray.
- 4If you don't have any garlic-flavored spray, spray with olive oil spray (or drizzle with olive oil), and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- 5Bake the bread in a preheated oven for 12 minutes, turning once, till it's completely dry and crisp.
- 6Set it aside to cool.
- 7About 10 minutes before you're ready to serve the salad, place the bread in a large bowl, and add the remaining ingredients.
- 8Toss to combine and serve within 15 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush- Pita Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g