1/1 Photo of Fattoush - Pita and Pomegranate Salad
Sue Lau's Note:
A great Middle Eastern salad to go with kebabs, and other favorite dishes such as stews, etc. The pomegranate has a lovely tart flavor, and has long been a favorite of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, peppers, and mint together in a salad bowl.
- 2Add the lemon peel and lemon juice and toss well; add the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Split the toasted pitas, and rub the rough sides with the garlic; tear the pita into small pieces and add to the salad.
- 4Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, (being careful not to stain your clothing with the juice) and add to the salad and discard the peel and the pith.
- 5Toss the salad well, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush - Pita and Pomegranate Salad
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g