Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 large romaine lettuce, strips
- 3 medium firm ripe tomatoes (coarsely diced)
- 1⁄3 cup parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 1 small carrot (coarsely diced) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mint (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 toasted pita bread (broken into small pieces) or 1 crouton (make a good substitution)
- Put lettuce into a mixing bowl and add all ingredients except the oil and bread.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- The oil and bread are added and mixed in just before serving to prevent wilting of the lettuce and softening of the bread.