The distinguishing feature of this light, refreshing salad is the addition, just before serving, of pieces of crisply toasted flat bread. Adapted from "Complete Vegetarian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put diced and chopped vegetables into a bowl, cover and chill until shortly before serving time.
- 2Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- 3Toast pita bread under the grill – it should be pale gold in colour, not brown.
- 4Break into large pieces and toss into salad at last minute, so it will still be crisp when eaten.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush - Lebanese Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g