1/1 Photo of Fattoush Bread Salad With Hummus
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a Lebanese style bread salad, like the Italian panzanella salad. As expected, the Middle Eastern style to this salad used toasted pita and hummus. This quick and easy recipe can from the Student's Go Vegan Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, torn
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or 1/4 cup basil, torn
- 1 cup romaine leaf, shredded
- 1/2 cup hummus (store bought or homemade)
- 1For the Dressing:.
- 2Add dressingingredients to a small bowl and wisk together until combined.
- 3For the Salad:.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Toast pita on baking sheet until lightly toasted, for about 10-15 minutes, turning once.
- 6Add all vegetables, minus the shredded romaine, and herbs to a salad bowl.
- 7Add 2 tbsp of the dressing, or more to taste, to the salad and toss to coat.
- 8Break the toasted pita into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- 9Arrange the romaine lettuce on 2 serving plates and spoon cucumber mixture on top.
- 10Garnish each plate with a scoop of hummus.
- 11Drizzle with extra dressing if you like and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fattoush Bread Salad With Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 718.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g