Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this Syrian salad, it makes a great summer barbeque addition to spiced kebabs. From SBS Food Safari.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- handful of finely sliced radish
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1⁄2 green capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup mint
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 toasted pita bread or 1 lebanese bread
- Crush the crushed garlic and mix the salt, paprika, sumac, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To a large mixing bowl add the following; cucumbers cut into 1cm pieces, tomatoes cut into eighths, radish, lettuce roughly torn, the red & green capsicum cut into 2cm squares, fresh herbs and the spring onions. Add the bread, torn into small, rough pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve.
- NB. More sumac or lemon can be added if desired.
A tasty salad the complements a BBQ. Have never had mint in a green salad before, it gave this salad a nice twist. The sweet paprika dressing lens itâ€™s self well to grilled meats. Thanks so much for the post.