Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful fried treat, great for spending family time in the kitchen, as several helping hands are better than just yours.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt in a large bowl until thickened.
- Beat in cognac & heavy cream.
- Stir in flour & cardamom until dough forms. Knead dough on floured work surface. Cover & chill 4-8 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer to 365 degrees. Roll dough out on floured work surface. Do this a little at a time and VERY thinly.
- Cut dough into strips, then into diamonds 2x4".
- Cut vertical slit in middle of each diamond and "thread" one end through slit.
- Fry cookies a few at a time. Flip as they rise to surface and cook until golden and lightly puffed.
- Drain on paper towels & let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & serve.