Recipe by evelyn/athens
Enjoy - savour the tart, mellow, crisp, soft, fresh flavours and textures!
Top Review by chia
this was delicious! light and refreshing. i didn't have sumac but i did have zaatar and know that sumac is an ingredient, so i substituted it. i made extra salad so we could use it for falaffel.the hardest part of this recipe is the fine dicing, but this is very much like the israeli salads i remember.
- 236.59 ml seedless cucumber, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 236.59 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml diced radish
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml sumaq (optional)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 pita breads, cut into small pieces and fried in olive oil until crisp drained on paper towels (alternatively, spritz with olive oil and bake until brown and crisp)