Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy - savour the tart, mellow, crisp, soft, fresh flavours and textures!
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced radish
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sumaq (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pita breads, cut into small pieces and fried in olive oil until crisp drained on paper towels (alternatively, spritz with olive oil and bake until brown and crisp)
- Combine all the above ingredients, except the pita crisps, in a deep salad bowl.
- Toss and top with crisps.
- Eat immediately- before the crisps have a chance to soften too much.
this was delicious! light and refreshing. i didn't have sumac but i did have zaatar and know that sumac is an ingredient, so i substituted it. i made extra salad so we could use it for falaffel.the hardest part of this recipe is the fine dicing, but this is very much like the israeli salads i remember.
This is a delicious tasty salad that I usually enjoy at my favourite Lebanese restaurant. It's great to be able to make this at home!
Excellent salad. One time I made it, I had no lemons. We all liked it better that way. There is something of a lemon tang in sumaq, and that was enough for us. I also left out the pita, and it was still a great salad. Quick and refreshing.