Recipe by AlleeH
This is the meal my mom made the day before I was born, so now every year I have this on my birthday!
Top Review by teresas
Both hubby and I enjoyed this comfort dish...I did add some additional seasoning...I threw in some dried basil and oregano...I've been looking for a recipe that I used to make years ago and lost...this came really close...thanks for posting it...=)
- 226.79 g package egg noodles
- garlic clove, minced
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 3 (680.38 g) can tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59-473.18 ml cottage cheese
- 226.79 g package neufchatel cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped green peppers or 113.39 g can green chilies
- 236.59-473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles and brown meat. Add the garlic to the beef and stir for a few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix cottage and cream cheese, sour cream, pepper and onion.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased 13x9-inch pan, layer half the noodles, all of the cheese, the remaining noodles, the meat and end with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese looks perfect.