1/1 Photo of Father's Delight
This is the meal my mom made the day before I was born, so now every year I have this on my birthday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 -2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook noodles and brown meat. Add the garlic to the beef and stir for a few minutes.
- 2Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix cottage and cream cheese, sour cream, pepper and onion.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5In a greased 13x9-inch pan, layer half the noodles, all of the cheese, the remaining noodles, the meat and end with the Cheddar cheese.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese looks perfect.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Father's Delight
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3950.1
- Calories from Fat 2008
- Total Fat 223.1 g
- Saturated Fat 105.9 g
- Cholesterol 1006.5 mg
- Sodium 6366.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 242.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 67.0 g
- Protein 242.8 g