3 hrs 15 mins
This delicious barfi recipe comes your way to make your Fathers Day real special. This is what I'll be making for my dad on the 16th. Hope you all enjoy this one. I was lucky to spot the recipe in today's Thursday magazine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the cashewnuts in water for 2 hours.
- 2Grind to a fine paste.
- 3Keep aside.
- 4Powder the sugar in a mixer.
- 5In a heavy-base pan, pour 1 1/2 tbsp ghee and then the cashewnut paste along with 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- 6Keep on mixing for about 10 minutes till the paste and sugar make a solid lump.
- 7Add the cardamom powder and the rest of the ghee.
- 8Mix again.
- 9In the meantime, in another pan, put half cup of powdered sugar and fry for 2-3 minutes till it gets caramelised i.e the sugar will turn brownish.
- 10Add this caramelised sugar to the cashew burfi paste.
- 11Mix for 2 minutes.
- 12Pour the done paste into a greased plate.
- 13Cut into equal sized pieces.
- 14Allow to set and cool completely.
- 15Serve once set and cooled down OR store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- 16This keeps for about 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fathers Day Special Cashew Caramel Burfi
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4519.9
- Calories from Fat 1944
- Total Fat 216.0 g
- Saturated Fat 53.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 2631.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 634.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 520.1 g
- Protein 63.0 g