Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This delicious barfi recipe comes your way to make your Fathers Day real special. This is what I'll be making for my dad on the 16th. Hope you all enjoy this one. I was lucky to spot the recipe in today's Thursday magazine!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this FINALLY today afternoon! It is really good! Mom, bro and me are in love with this dessert. Dad somehow didn't like it all that much. Too bad. It's really good, yummy, infact. I had so much:)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cashewnuts in water for 2 hours.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Keep aside.
- Powder the sugar in a mixer.
- In a heavy-base pan, pour 1 1/2 tbsp ghee and then the cashewnut paste along with 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Keep on mixing for about 10 minutes till the paste and sugar make a solid lump.
- Add the cardamom powder and the rest of the ghee.
- Mix again.
- In the meantime, in another pan, put half cup of powdered sugar and fry for 2-3 minutes till it gets caramelised i.e the sugar will turn brownish.
- Add this caramelised sugar to the cashew burfi paste.
- Mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour the done paste into a greased plate.
- Cut into equal sized pieces.
- Allow to set and cool completely.
- Serve once set and cooled down OR store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- This keeps for about 2 weeks.