Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A dip in a cabbage bowl [or if you don't want the work just use your favorite bowl] From Seasoned with Love by the Priest Lake Community Church in Nordman Idaho by way of American's Best Hometown Recipes for 1993. Geri Urquhart Rein was the creator.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large red cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 11 ingredients in bowl. Stir well then chill for at least 8 hours.
- Trim cabbage core to form flat base. Fold back several of the outer leaves. Cut a crosswise slice from top of cabbage and remove about 1/4 of the head.
- Lift out inner leaves to form a shell about 1 inch thick. [Save the leaves you removed for another dish] Spoon dip into cabbage.
- Serve with fresh veggies.
- Servings depends on how much other food you have.
- It is lacto-ovo vegetarian if you use the Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce [the eggs comes from the mayo].