Chef #208121's Note:
A dip in a cabbage bowl [or if you don't want the work just use your favorite bowl] From Seasoned with Love by the Priest Lake Community Church in Nordman Idaho by way of American's Best Hometown Recipes for 1993. Geri Urquhart Rein was the creator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or 1/2 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large red cabbage
- 1Combine first 11 ingredients in bowl. Stir well then chill for at least 8 hours.
- 2Trim cabbage core to form flat base. Fold back several of the outer leaves. Cut a crosswise slice from top of cabbage and remove about 1/4 of the head.
- 3Lift out inner leaves to form a shell about 1 inch thick. [Save the leaves you removed for another dish] Spoon dip into cabbage.
- 4Serve with fresh veggies.
- 5Servings depends on how much other food you have.
- 6It is lacto-ovo vegetarian if you use the Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce [the eggs comes from the mayo].
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Father's Day Dip
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g