Recipe by Aroostook
The cornmeal, smokey bacon flavor and Parmesan cheese make this recipe a bit different. This was my Dad's favorite.. he loved it served with cornbread!
Top Review by Starlita
This is the most different and chili recipe. I slurped every spoonful. I had the sour cream, plain yogurt and fresh bell green pepper strips. Thanks Aroostook for your chili! Tex
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat (optional)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 (29 ounce) can boston baked pork and beans
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
Garnish each bowl
- plain yogurt
- sour cream
- chopped chives
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off the hamburger fat.
- Add bacon fat.
- In a large pot, combine the beef, tomatoes, beans and spices.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat until heated through.
- Add cornmeal and grated cheese.
- Stir often so it won't stick.
- Serve in large bowls.
- Top with salsa, sour cream mixture and shredded cheddar.