The cornmeal, smokey bacon flavor and Parmesan cheese make this recipe a bit different. This was my Dad's favorite.. he loved it served with cornbread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat (optional)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 (29 ounce) can boston baked pork and beans
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
Garnish each bowl
- 1Brown the ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Drain off the hamburger fat.
- 3Add bacon fat.
- 4In a large pot, combine the beef, tomatoes, beans and spices.
- 5Bring to a simmer over low heat until heated through.
- 6Add cornmeal and grated cheese.
- 7Stir often so it won't stick.
- 8Serve in large bowls.
- 9Top with salsa, sour cream mixture and shredded cheddar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Father's Day Chili
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 1280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boston baked pork and beans