Recipe by Amy BC
I got this recipe years ago from the Wayne Brady show for Fudge Fatale. Be very careful when making this recipe. The emulsion you create can splatter and burn as it’s cooking, so use caution. This recipe is anything but foolproof . It can easily be ruined by cooking too hot or too long. You should buy enough ingredients to make it several times because it takes practice to get it right.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly melt butter and chocolate in a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Bring to a medium boil, stirring constantly so as not to burn any part of the fudge.
- Check the temperature and continue to stir until the fudge reaches 235 degrees (soft ball stage). Once you reach 235 turn off the heat and take the pot off the stove.
- Begin to vigorously stir the fudge as it cools. As it gets harder to stir it will look lighter and make a “cracking” sound: this indicates it’s time to pour.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9 pan and allow to cool before cutting.