Prep 30 mins
Cook 33 mins
In 'Fat Witch Brownies' by Patricia Helding
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- salt, a pinch
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with butter; dust with flour and tap out the excess; preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often; set aside to cool.
- Cream the sugar, eggs, and vanilla together; add in the cooled chocolate mixture; mix until well blended.
- Measure the flour and salt; then sift together directly into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix batter gently until well combined and no trace of dry ingredients remains.
- *At this point, stir in any extras like walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan; bake 33 minutes or until toothpick tests done (clean or with only crumbs, no batter).
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 1 hour; cut just before serving.
OMG. Had a fat witch caramel brownie last weekend direct from NYC Chelsea market and wondered if any of my friends may have the recipe... now all I have to do is figure the caramel part!
On the way I go.... :)