Recipe by LAURIE
Tasty way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Great instead of french fries with sandwiches, especially a big juicy hamburger!
Top Review by tkcuvelier
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying to find a recipe for the Bavarian Inn's potato cheese puffs in Frankenmuth, MI for YEARS!! Not to mention all the time I've spent trying to duplicate it. This is it!!
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we like colby or american)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- garlic salt or onion salt
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to about 2 inches deep to 375 degrees.
- Drop potato batter by tablespoons into the oil, about 4-5 at a time, do not crowd.
- Fry 3-4 minutes until golden in color.
- Serve immediately.