Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mouth watering Brownies from Aunt Estelle to me. Very Rich and Very tasty.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl add dry cake mix, 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add chopped pecans and stir to combine.
- Press 1/2 mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While baking 1/2 mixture, melt unwrapped caramels and remaining 1/2 cup sweetened condenced milk in a double broiler saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally (If you do not have a double broiler saucepan you can use a medium saucepan stirring constantly to avoid burning).
- Remove partially baked brownie from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of brownie.
- Drizzle caramel mixture over top of chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of caramel mixture (optional).
- Add remaining brownie mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool in pan, cut and enjoy.