Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fluffy, all-purpose topping that can double as a filling. Properly whipped, it will be stiff enough to mound or pipe through a pastry bag. Compliments of Pastrywiz.com
- Soften the gelatin in the cold water in a small heatproof measuring cup.
- Set the cup in a pan of simmering water and heat about 4 minutes until the gelatin dissolves; remove from heat. (or microwave for about 10 seconds).
- Combine the dry milk, ice water, and confectioner's sugar in the chilled small bowl of an electric mixer, then beat with chilled beaters at medium speed until foamy.
- With the motor running, carefully pour the gelatin down the side of the bowl so that it doesn't hit the beaters and spatter all over.
- Continue beating at medium speed for 7 to 10 minutes until it is the texture of whipped cream, then beat in the vanilla.
- If not used immediately, store in the refrigerator or freeze in desired shapes.
- The mixture deflates on standing and may be re-whipped. Allow 1/2 cup frozen topping to thaw about 15 minutes before serving.
It worked! I was very skeptical and very impressed. Honestly I would have liked to give it 3.5 stars. It tasted good for what it is calorie and fat wise but not that great. Overall, I would make it again. Thanks for sharing!