Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Okay, so most veggies out there probably don't crave pork rinds. However, these are a great, light, and tasty veggie friendly chip (for carnivores and veggies alike!) Fat free, high in protein, and delicious! (Gluten free too, if you get the right poppadoms!) These light and crispy chips go great with hummus or any of your favorite dips. They'r e great to bring to parties -- something healthier to "pig" out on!
- 1 (120 g) package papadum bread
- Pam butter cooking spray
- 2 -3 teaspoons J&D original bacon salt (just to taste)
- Remove the glass turntable from your microwave.
- Separate poppadoms into four equal stacks (you'll be working in batches).
- Break one batch of poppadoms into fourths, sixths, or eighths.
- Spread poppadom pieces evenly about the turntable plate.
- Spray with butter-flavored nonstick spray, evenly coating each piece.
- Sprinkle poppadoms with Bacon Salt (to taste).
- Return turntable to microwave, and microwave on high for one minute.
- Check for doneness. A "done" poppadom chip will be completely crisp. Remove done poppadoms, and microwave remaining chips in 30-second bursts until all are crispy.
- Repeat this process with remaining poppadoms.