Recipe by Revolution_in_the_Kitchen
These muffins are really tasty and fat free--they can be made vegan or with egg, as you wish.
Top Review by aspiringteacher
I made the muffins exactly as the recipe said, and they turned out doughy, pale and stuck to the paper cups I baked them in. They took much longer to bake than the recipe says, and I had to use 2 cups of juice to make the batter even remotely similar to muffin batter I'm used to seeing. The recipe doesn't mention amounts of sweetner or spices, so mine turned out bland as well. Sorry, but I will definitely not be making these again. (The other recipe for carrot ginger muffins is very good - I made them twice).
- 3 cups flour (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- brown sugar (or use honey, stevia, maple syrup...really any kind of sweetener is fine)
- cinnamon, and
- cardamom, to taste
- canola oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add carrot, milk/soymilk and half of the orange juice. Mix well. If the batter is too dry, add the rest of the orange juice, until it has a smooth consistency.
- Add sweetener, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom or any other spices you desire, to taste.
- Grease a muffin tin with canola oil spray and pour batter in each cup (fill to the top.) Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F, or until muffins have risen and begin to brown.
- ENJOY--they are best right out of the oven.
- For VEGAN do not use dairy milk but use the soy and do not add honey. Also if making for other Vegetarians make sure they consume honey before using.