Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 14 fluid ounces tomato juice
- 2 fluid ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and chill.
- Toss with your favourite field greens or vegetables to make a zesty fat-free summer salad, or use it as a delicious marinade for chicken, fish, pork or beef.
This recipe seems a good starting point for a marinade since the flavor barley comes through. The problem is that there isn't nearly enough flavor. I tried it on skirt steaks, marinating them all day, but the taste was flat. All the flavoring ingredients need to be increased - a lot! Bottom line: the taste is good but it needs a lot of tweaking.