Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Attempting to make fat free, sugar free brownies. Changed a recipe to fit the sugar free part.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, cocoa, splenda, and salt.
- Stir in applesauce, vanilla, and egg whites.
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray, spread the batter evenly in the pan, and bake in a preheated 325 oven for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the center almost set.
- Cool to room temp, cut into squares and eat.
As is - the recipe is not worth making. They turn out like chewie rubber, somewhat chocolate flavored. My husband printed this off, but I wish I'd read the comments as well and I would have tried some of the suggestions. I did stir in a 1/4 c of Reeses PB chips - who doesn't love chocolate or PB chips in your brownies!
My intention was to make these as a Weight Watcher's treat - 1 pt/per brownie sounded really good (1/16 of the recipe)
I am a chocoholic and was so excited to see a recipe for guilt-free brownies. I added baking soda and a couple of tbsp of skim milk as the earlier comments suggested. I also added 4 tbsp of dark chocolate chips and they turned out FANTASTIC!!! Definitely cured my chocolate craving! Do not be afraid of the look of the brownies when they first come out of the oven, they might look weird, but they taste great!!
Not a bad recipe! My batter became very thick, so I added about 1/4 cup skim milk, which seemed to help. This was a great recipe to cure a chocolate craving! Thanks for sharing! :-)