Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GOD FAT FREE COOKIE RECIPE AND I FOUND IT!! LOOK NO MORE!these don't necessarily have to be sugar cookies that you are making, these would probably work with molasses, cinnamon, cloves and ginger for a gingersnap or cocoa for a chocolate fudge cookie.
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour (I used a mixture of this and whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, for baking large ones
- 8 -9 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Butter Buds or 2 teaspoons any other fat free butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl. mix throughly with a fork, slightly fluffing the flour to create mild pockets of air in the mixture.
- Add Splenda and mix again.
- Add buttermilk (1 tbs at a time), fat free plain yogurt, vanilla and butter flavoring. SOFTLY AND GENTLY mix with a spoon and incorporating all the ingredients together until everything is mixed.
- bake for about 15-20 minutes until the bottoms are browned (but not burnt) and they look done. (I have a convection oven so times may vary).
- Note: DO NOT OVER MIX, however do not undermix. I do not know the outcome that this may have, but I have a feeling that it isn't very good!