Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I took Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies and took out the fat. I am a big fan of the apple-sauce replacement and these turned out REALLY well
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat brown sugar, apple sauce, pudding mix, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add egg whites and mix well.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful and bake 12-14 minutes.
FYI, these aren't "fat free" with chocolate chips in them. BUT, they do sound like an interesting lower fat alternative.
Could not find a 4 ounce package of pudding so I used two boxes of instant pudding and 1/4 cup extra flour, they came out like little mini cakes, my husband likes them for his lunch
These were interesting. The outside is a bit chewy but the inside is super soft and then the bottom is kinda hard. It was weird. The flavour of them was WONDERFUL though! Once I got over the texture, they were really good. Thanks for a new fat free treat!