Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Came from Molly McButter recipe. I personally love this recipe since Rice Krispies treats are great! This recipe can definitely be messed with. Add raisins or anything else you love.
- 300 g marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter, replacement (Molly McButter or Butter Buds)
- Melt marshmallows over low heat until smooth.
- Or microwave on HIGH for approximately 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Molly McButter® Natural Butter; mix well.
- Add crispy rice cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Spray 13x9x2" (33x23x10cm) pan with oil. Press mixture into pan.
- Cool, cut into squares.
This worked but I would also add some vanilla. They are hard to handle with out the butter but if you wet your hands they are super easy to handle. I end up wetting my hands and rolling them into balls to set. So if you are having trouble with sticking try adding water to the dishes and your hands. Glad I can make these with out the fat. :D
I always add 1 tsp. Real vanilla to the meltd marshmallows
These are awesome! I used to make rice krispie squares with just marshmallows & cereal to cut out the fat - they were good but I wouldn't serve them to company. The addition of Molly McButter makes all the difference in the world! I agree that they are a little difficult to deal with but I just run my hands under hot water & then press the mixture in the pan. I also cut them before refrigerating.