After reading all the variations of the infamous _fluff_ that WW folks love, I was puzzled by the *1* point count that seems to be a popular idea. All the recipes I found call for fat-free Cool Whip but that it is *not* sugar-free as well. By my calculations, the standard _fluff_ is actually 3-4 points per serving. My math – FF Cool whip = 375/cals per 8 ounce tub, SF pudding = 100/cals per small box and SF Jello = 40/cals per box. With 515/cals per recipe and most stating 4 servings, that's 128 cals/serving and using my handy-dandy WW calculator, I compute 3 points, not 1. So how to make it truly 1 point or close enough? Add something with fiber. Enter raspberries. Although it doesn't jive with Zaar data, if http://www.nutritiondata.com and http://www.calorieking.com are reliable, one cup raspberries = a mere 64/cals but packs a whopping 8g fiber. Again using my official calculator, the following recipe is exactly 1.25 points/serving. And it tastes wonderful!
- Heat 1 cup of water to boiling.
- Place Jello in a deep mixing bowl and pour in the boiling water. Stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- Then stir in a cup cold water and the raspberries.
- Let it sit 5 minutes or so to cool off some.
- Sprinkle the pudding into the Jello/raspberry mixture.
- Beat with your electric mixer, on high, for 2 minutes or until all lumps dissolve.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Divide into (8) individual serving dishes. (the recipe makes about 44 ounces so each dish needs to hold ~ 3/4 cup).
- Garnish with another raspberry or 2 if you're feeling frisky. After all, they're "free". ;-).
- Chill until set.
- Enjoy for 8 times then make another batch. Maybe use SF, FF white chocolate pudding this time!