Recipe by Virtuous Archangel
I made this one night as a quick-fix dinner after craving chocolate pancakes, or ANYTHING chocolatey all day. To my surprise, it turned out to be quite delicious and something I will definitely be making regularly. And, as a bonus, it is packed with protein- about 28 grams altogether- so it's great for your body. This was quite satisfying after a long day of work, a 2-hr gym workout, and a killer chocolate craving that lasted all day. All the chocolatey goodness comes from rich cocoa powder, and sugar-free/light hot chocolate. **Topped with PB2 this is to-die-for! A chocolate/PB-lovers treat without the guilt! Enjoy :-)
- 1 cup egg white
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added hot chocolate mix
- 2 g artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free jam or 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients until you obtain a uniform consistency, and no lumps remain.
- Pour into pasta bowl, or curved plate so that the mix is relatively the same depth throught (deepest part of the mix should be no more than 1 inch thick to ensure it cooks evenly).
- Microwaves vary, but I nuked my omelette at 50% power for 6-7 minutes and it came out evenly cooked and smelling delicious. I tested it by touching the middle part and making sure it felt a little firm to the touch (no liquid mix remained underneath the cooked portion).
- Top with Jam or Jelly, or PB2. Whatever you like.
- Indulge and enjoy!