Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium cauliflower, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes from the Dairy section)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- Heat canola oil in a soup pot and sauté onions, dill and thyme until tender.
- Add cauliflower and cook a few minutes more. Add water and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until tender (approximately 30 minutes.) Remove from heat and blend approximately half the soup, about 6 cups, 2 cups at a time. I used my hand blender until it was the consistency I wanted.
- Simmer on lowest heat, add bay leaves, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Cook approximately 20 more minutes with top off.
- Mix skim milk with cornstarch and stir (or shake) to get out lumps.
- Add skim milk with cornstarch and check seasonings.
- Thin with water or milk if soup has gotten too thick after sitting.
- For extra flavor I used 3 cubes of Not-Chick'n bouillon seasoning but I figured the program would not recognize it. This product has a lot of sodium in it already so I did not add the 1 teaspoon salt.