Recipe by Boyz 5
Other fruit would probably work in this cake, but pineapple slices with maraschino cherries in the center of each looks really pretty.
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml corn syrup
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 453.59 g can pineapple slices
- maraschino cherry
- 295.73 ml cake flour
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 8.62 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 78.07 ml corn syrup
- 7.39 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan with oil.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread evenly over the pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top with a cherry in the center of each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and milk together to dissolve sugar, then add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over pineapple topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes before loosening the edges and inverting over a serving plate.