Recipe by Boyz 5
Other fruit would probably work in this cake, but pineapple slices with maraschino cherries in the center of each looks really pretty.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple slices
- maraschino cherry
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan with oil.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread evenly over the pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top with a cherry in the center of each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and milk together to dissolve sugar, then add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over pineapple topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes before loosening the edges and inverting over a serving plate.