Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Other fruit would probably work in this cake, but pineapple slices with maraschino cherries in the center of each looks really pretty.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple slices
- maraschino cherry
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan with oil.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread evenly over the pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top with a cherry in the center of each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and milk together to dissolve sugar, then add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over pineapple topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand for a few minutes before loosening the edges and inverting over a serving plate.