Boyz 5's Note:
Other fruit would probably work in this cake, but pineapple slices with maraschino cherries in the center of each looks really pretty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple slices
- maraschino cherry
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan with oil.
- 3Combine topping ingredients and spread evenly over the pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top with a cherry in the center of each ring.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- 5In a small bowl, beat sugar and milk together to dissolve sugar, then add remaining ingredients and mix.
- 6Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until smooth.
- 7Pour over pineapple topping.
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 9Let stand for a few minutes before loosening the edges and inverting over a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fat-Free Pineapple-Cherry Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 58.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g