Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from www.recipefortogetherness.com
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; set aside.
- In medium bowl with wire whisk or fork, stir pineapple and brown sugar 1 minute. Blend in egg whites and corn syrup. Gradually stir into flour mixture until smooth. Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I love carrot cake and the additional ingredients made this taste heavenly. Made just as posted and it was easy and economical. Thanks for sharing Ceezie. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.