Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best fat-free pie crust that I have used so far. It is tender, light and has a great flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons promise fat-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt, but recomended (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Stir with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Do not over-work the dough.
- Shape this mixture into a ball and place it between two pieces of wax paper that have been dusted with flour. Roll the pastry into a circle large enough to fit in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Spray pan with a non-fat cooking spray and Arrange crust in pan. Cut off the edges that hang over.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and brush over with a little bit of beaten egg white. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before adding filling.
- It's probably a good idea to prebake it before using it in almost any recipe.
- Note: If you are making a pie where the filling needs to be cooked with the shell, simply bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or however long the recipe calls for. Work foil over edges while baking so the crust won't get overbrown. Remove foil for the last five minutes.