Recipe by yogiclarebear
Adapted from "Secrets of Fat-Free Baking" by Sandra Woodruff, RD. I used Splenda instead of sugar, and added cinnamon to mine. These do have a bit of the "Splenda" aftertaste, so if you want to use sugar, the recipe calls for 1/2 cup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches, undrained (packed in their own juice, NOT syrup)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup chopped dried peaches
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12 count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, Splenda, baking powder, and cinnamon if desired. Set aside.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the juice. Puree the peaches in a blender, adding enough juice so you have 1 ½ cups. Add this to the flour mixture, along with the egg whites. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened, then fold in the raisins or dried peaches.
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ full with batter. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to sit for 5 minutes after baking before removing from tins.