Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delicious and fat free and they have only 6 ingredients. I love pancakes and when I went on a diet I was worried that I would have to give them up until I found this recipe. If you are on WW these are only 1 point each. I didn't have any buttermilk so I substituted sour milk made with super skim and they still turned out wonderful.
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine oats and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Place egg substitute in a separate bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add oatmeal mixture and mix well. Gently fold in egg substitute.
- Coat a griddle with nonstick cooking spray (make sure to coat well or the pancakes will stick) and heat to 300°F.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on griddle and cook until tops are bubbly, turn and cook for 1 more minute.
These truly are amazing pancakes. So much flavor with no fat and the texture is just what it should be. I did add 1/4 tsp salt and next time I'll add some vanilla just for kicks. I used 1/3c measures of batter and got 12 pancakes.