Recipe by Chef Jen #1
These are delicious and fat free and they have only 6 ingredients. I love pancakes and when I went on a diet I was worried that I would have to give them up until I found this recipe. If you are on WW these are only 1 point each. I didn't have any buttermilk so I substituted sour milk made with super skim and they still turned out wonderful.
Top Review by sugarpea
These truly are amazing pancakes. So much flavor with no fat and the texture is just what it should be. I did add 1/4 tsp salt and next time I'll add some vanilla just for kicks. I used 1/3c measures of batter and got 12 pancakes.
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Place egg substitute in a separate bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add oatmeal mixture and mix well. Gently fold in egg substitute.
- Coat a griddle with nonstick cooking spray (make sure to coat well or the pancakes will stick) and heat to 300°F.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on griddle and cook until tops are bubbly, turn and cook for 1 more minute.