Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthier version of banana muffins that lacks nothing in flavor. Add a cup of walnuts to the batter if you prefer. They turn out very moist and will be gone in no time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 4 small bananas, peel and fork smash
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until just moistened.
- Spoon into lined or nonstick, sprayed mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the tray and cool on a wire rack.
Very good. I followed the recipe as written except that I made big muffins instead of miny muffins. I got 12 big muffins and cooked them for 25 minutes. We all enjoyed them. They are more solid then other muffins but we like them.
One word. Addictive! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Perfection!
I just made these muffins; I used whole wheat flour and added blueberries. They came out great! They are super moist and a great little treat.