Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet and tasty, yet healthy, alternative to traditional apple crumble. This can be made at work as a quick lunch or dessert, or in the oven at home if you have the time. Superb for dieters, waist watchers, and healthy eaters alike.
- Slice apple in half, then into 1/2-cm thick slices.
- Sprinkle 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda into the bottom of a small, microwavable bowl.
- Arrange half of the apple slices into the bowl.
- Repeat Step 2 with the remaining ingredients, including the sprinkle of water/lemon juice and the Cereal or Granola (keep granola/cereal until after heating if you want it to remain crunchy, not soggy).
- Nuke in the microwave on high for about 1 1/2-2 minutes, depending on the microwave, until the apples are just tender. The steam from the water or juice will cook the apples slightly.
- Remove from microwave and enjoy!
YUM, this is such a lovely way to start the day. The apples go so great with the granola (I used oats and coconut) and cinnamon. Mmmmm!
I didnt need to use the sugar as my apples were sweet enough.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us!
Youve been adopted during PAC October 2012.
Loved this! It is quick, easy, healthy and can be served anytime of day including breakfast. Made as written using nutty granola and then added just a little fat free milk to make a very tasty breakfast. A definite keeper. Thank so much for the great post.