Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From HGTV: Chef Cary Neff shares a recipe for a homemade, fat-free mayonnaise that will add flavor but not calories to any dish. This has 15 calories per tablespoon, compared with 229 calories for traditional mayonnaise. Mayonnaise Nouvelle
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt, drained
- 2 cups silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Make yogurt cheese by draining the yogurt as follows. Line a colander with cheesecloth and place in a bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the colander. Refrigerate and let drain for at least 1 hour. Discard the liquid in the bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the yogurt cheese, tofu, and garlic. Process until the mixture is pureed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Process again to combine, about 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt or pepper, to taste.
- This dressing will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.