1/1 Photo of Fat Free Lemon-Poppy Seed-Scones
These come out more "cakelike" than a traditional scone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 lemon, zest of (use 2 if you use plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (I find this is the minimum you can use and still keep the right taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 egg, equivalent
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain fat-free yogurt (plain is OK, but lemon is better) or 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free lemon yogurt (plain is OK, but lemon is better)
- 1Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- 2Try to use as few strokes as possible. Divide dough in half.
- 3Pat out each half onto a sprayed cookie.
- 4sheet to a 7" circle.
- 5Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Bake at 425F for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fat Free Lemon-Poppy Seed-Scones
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of