Recipe by Anu
I made this to satisfy one of my constant roasted-veggie cravings! You won't believe how filling this is; it'll do for lunch along with a fruit or juice, honest! If you like a stronger lemon flavour, use more of the concentrate. The combination of herbs is really quite wonderful, if I do say so myself :-) Enjoy! (Note: Prep. time includes marinating time).
Top Review by JennyMidget
Done as per instructions (though I think I used more herbs than your instructions call for as I used fresh instead). Delicious - particularly the cucumber; I was a bit wary to begin with but it was the best vegetable of the dish, succulent and juicy. The eggplant stuck to the bottom of the pan badly, though - only downside to the whole thing. Thanks for this recipe!
- 2 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, seeded,quartered
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup potato, peeled,cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup eggplant, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled,thickly sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the veggies as directed and place them in a large ziplock bag.
- In a non-metallic bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the marinade into the ziplock bag, seal it, and shake it well such that all the veggies are coated with the herb marinade.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes (45 minutes to 1 hour is preferable).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius (392 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Spray a casserole dish or baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove the veggies from the ziplock bag and arrange them on the dish/tray.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the veggies are as done as you want them; turn once or twice during baking.
- Alternately, you can also grill the veggies in skewers, I prefer that way!
- After they're done, pile the veggies onto a large plate, season with extra salt and pepper if required, pour yourself a tall glass of cold fruit juice, and sit down to a shockingly healthy and light lunch!