Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I picked this up from KimBensen.com. Now I can have my favorite dip without all the guilt. 0 points per serving for Weight Watchers.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (optional)
- Microwave the frozen peas in a covered bowl for 2 minutes.
- Drain and lay on a paper towel to absorb all the water.
- In a food processor, chop the peas, sour cream, avocado, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and hot sauce.
- Stir in the tomatoes and onions.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
This recipe is great tasting. Instead of peas i juiced 4 carrots and added the fresh carrot juice for a natural sweetener. Don't really like peas, so i added the carrot chips and some cinnamon. Great Tasting recipe. Definitely a keep sake. Great for diabetics.