Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Betsy at Recipelink.com 6-11-2003
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups oat bran
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, mix corn syrup, egg whites, honey and vanilla with the sugars, gradually blend in dry ingredients in order listed.
- Spread mixture to about 1 inch depth in two 9 X 13 inch baking pans sprayed with Baker's Joy.
- Bake 20 minutes (or microwave for 9 minutes on medium setting)
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Bars will firm up as they cool, so be sure not to overbake.
I made these and took them camping. Everyone enjoyed them! Thanks for the delicious recipe!!