Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These soft gingerbread cookies are almost good enough to eat for breakfast! Very fast to make, and require no eggs or fat.
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole spelt flour or 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, keep a couple teaspoons aside for the top
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Mix it all together, roll into balls, press with a fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake at 300F about 12 minutes.
These are simply amazing. I doubled the amount of ginger, added 1/4 t ground cloves, and used 100% spelt flour. I omitted the brown sugar and added 1/2 t stevia powder to boost the natural sweetness of the molasses and orange juice. I can not believe how good these taste!
Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
FANTABULOUS! These wonderful little gems would be perfect with a cup of coffee or hot apple cider! Wonderful texture! If you like a stronger ginger flavor you might want to add a bit more ginger to these. But my family LOVES them as they are. I used whole wheat flour in this. Thank you SO so so much for this great recipe 838774!
Super Tasty! I just finished making these, love the orange flavor with the ginger. I didn't have spelt so I used whole wheat flour and added some spices along with fresh ginger. I did a calorie count for the flour and they would work out to be around 60 calories per cookie with everything else. Thanks for sharing this great recipe:)